4/06/2017

One Room Challenge: Week One

Hello everyone it's week one of the One Room Challenge. About two months ago I was at home just relaxing and decided to walk over to my home depot and buy some paint to start on the hallway transformation. I purchased a gallon of Ultra Pure White by Behr in a semi-gloss finish. I chose semi-gloss because my hallway gets a lot of traffic and it is an easy finish to clean right up. I thought i wanted white walls in my hallway because i thought it would better once I hung the art up but of course after it was painted and up for a while I decided I didn't really like it. It is too boring for me and if you know me you know I prefer some kind of color. Now I'm here back at square one and what better time than the spring 2017 season of the One Room Challenge to kick start the process. Today I'm sharing with you guys the design plan.
BEFORE






I love the trim work on the walls it makes the walls feel grand and elegant which is what I'm going for. I want my hallway to stand out and make a statement. I'm also going for a dark moody wall most likely black or a really dark grey. I'm also loving navy blue (as you can see paint color is the dilemma right now). On the wall at the end of the hallway I want to put a big floor mirror or a big piece of art (if I could live in an art gallery I would). I haven't found anything I like as of yet so I'm still on the hunt. I'm very excited to take you guys along with me on this journey, and I can't wait to see the end result. Don't forget to check out the the other amazing spaces over at Calling it Home 

8 comments:

  1. You've got a beautiful space to work with and I love the dark and moody inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ceiling and floor moldings you have already. I am excited to see this space transform, i think it will be super elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! that was one of our favorite features when we bought the house.

      Delete
  3. Oh can't wait to see how this turns out. Looks like an incredible space! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inspiration pics. We have Sherwin-Williams Tricorn Black in a few spaces—accent wall in my workspace, accent wall in the living room, and accent wall in the powder room. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will have to look into that color thank you =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...